TrailRunning.co.uk is owned by Miles Marketing Limited which is committed to respecting the privacy of its users. However, we do collect and use various bits of information about you through your use of this website, and this policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be collected, stored and processed. The data collector for this website is Trailrunning.co.uk, with its registered office at 71 Serpentine Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4PD. Please note that this policy only addresses our activities, and other sites to which this website links may have their own privacy policies and practices, which we do not control.
We shall ask you to supply personal information (data) to us when you wish to become a registered user of this website (www.trailrunning.co.uk) and/or when you wish to buy or utilise any of our products or services.
The personal data that we shall ask you to supply shall include your name, address, and email address; and your postcode and telephone number. We may also ask you to provide other personal data to us for particular purposes, such as supplying our products or services to you. In each case it will be your decision as to whether you supply us with the information in question or not.
Use of your personal information
We shall only use your personal data for the following purposes where applicable:
- to identify you as a registered user of our website and to allow you to post messages on our forum
- to provide you with products and services (which may include products and services that we supply in association with other businesses)
- to process any applicable payments from you
- to send you information regarding our products and services with your consent
- to send you information regarding the products and services of other businesses with your consent
- for our own internal purposes in connection with risk control and resolving consumer disputes
- for producing statistics and other information relating to our business and the users of our website.
You may at any time opt out from receiving Information noted in (e) and (f) above by contacting us, or by changing your profile in the My TrailRunning section of the site.
Any information or statistics relating to our business that we disclose to others shall not identify you personally. We may, for example, perform statistical analyses of the behaviour of the users of our website in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site and to tell advertisers how many users of our website have seen or "clicked" their advertising banners. This information, and any other general information about our users that we share with advertisers and other partners, will not disclose personal information about you.
Disclosure of your personal information
We shall only disclose your personal data to other people in the following circumstances:
- to verify and process any payment instructions that you give us when you order any of our products or services
- to other businesses, when we are providing products or services to you in association with those businesses
- to prepare or send any communications to you, or to assist us in connection with any of our administrative or business functions, or in the provision of any of our products or our services to you
- if we are asked to do by any legal or regulatory authority, or if we believe that it would be proper to do so in connection with any legal or regulatory matter.
Unless they are already legally bound to keep your personal data confidential, we shall enter into agreements with anyone to whom we disclose your personal data under (a), (b), and (c) above obliging them to keep your personal data confidential.
Sale and supply
Subject to the exception in point (d) above, we shall not supply your personal data to anyone else so that they can use it for their own purposes without your consent.
Security of your personal information
Although we encourage payment by credit card we never store credit card details. For security we use PayPal as a dedicated secure credit card payment system.